Thursday, June 13, 2013

My baby turned 4...

This was the best and hardest birthday to date.  My baby turned 4. Ugh just thinking it puts a lump in my throat.
I made the day great from beginning to end. Not to sound like i am tooting my own horn. I only say it was great cause the smile he had never left his face. So in return i felt my goal was accomplished.
He's only 4 but for some reason 4 feels like the baby in him is gone. 4 is him turning into a kid.

I look back at when he just turned 3 and i was 7 months pregnant. He was a baby still. He just learned how to go to the bathroom on his own for goodness sake. and now looking back he's 4! and i cant believe how much has changed this past year. I have a feeling when he turns 5 ill be saying the same things.. and every year after that. 

Owen has given us some challenges but what kid wouldnt? Nothing i can't handle. This year he will be starting pre-school....... A part of me is excited, the other part of me is angry. I hate it I hate that i have to let him go be influenced by people/kids that i dont know. I've worked so hard to teach him the only way i know. All i can do is hope that he remembers, and stands to be a decent human in society.  The other part of me is excited. for several reasons. One being time i get to spend with just oliver and I which i've never had. Another part is how much fun owen is going to have. I'll admit sometimes it gets a little mundane around here. He will make friends, and have memories, and learn a lot. He will change, and I hope i can still change with him even though i wont be there to see it....  














“Nothing you become will disappoint me; I have no preconception that I'd like to see you be or do. I have no desire to forsee you, only to discover you. You can't disappoint me”
Mary Haskell






No comments:

Post a Comment