Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Hello Baby!









Looking at this picture now i can see there was a big baby in there, but i didn't expect an almost 10 lb baby!


Oliver James 9lbs 8oz 19" long





Sunday night was the night before the big day. The day i was being induced. The day we knew our lives would never be the same, but a good change was about to happen. Brian and I both took extra time to focus on Owen. We kept him up late, and played games, ran silly around the house, and just enjoyed the last night it would be the three of us....



That night i got about 4 hours of sleep. My MIL came to our house bright and early to watch Owen. We where on our way to the hospital.  I remember the smell outside it was a crisp morning, the smell reminded me of summer vacation as a kid, as it often does. I remember how nervous i was, and yet excited to get this large baby out! I remember the remorse i felt for doing it the "UN-natural way" of being induced, and not knowing how hard that same feeling would hit me once they broke my water.   


They broke my water at 10 O'clock, Then i cried.... I hated that my water didnt break on it's own, and as i hugged my husbands neck i said my baby's not ready to come, my baby's not ready....  He then proceeded to calm me down, and tell me everything was going to be alright. Knowing he was ok with the decisions we made, made me feel more comfortable. I trust him. 
Around 11:30 AM i received the epidural after a couple tries..
6 pushes later at 12:43 Oliver James was born.

Oliver James 9lbs 8oz 19" long

Again i've been blessed.
I now have two healthy children and i couldn't be happier.
It's been two weeks since Oliver has blessed us with his presence and i must say the transition has been awesome. Oddly enough i feel more like a mom. For some reason 2 children makes you feel more like a family, at least it does for me anyhow. 

This has been a really awesome experience. Completely the opposite from when Owen was born.
In fact i've enjoyed it so much can you believe i've already started looking up more  "O" names. haha







Quote of the week:

And she loved a little boy very very much, even more than she loved herself.
                                     -The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein




2 comments:

  1. Congrats! He is wonderful! :) Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Mumma! He's beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete