Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Growing up

My little boy is turning 3 this weekend....


So far it's been an interesting age. A lot of things i like about 3. Verbal communication is much better. 
Potty training is underway. What i don't like.... His derogatory attitude.



The other day Owen and I took a trip to the Wilderness Center. I loved it. We fed the fish trix cereal, ran from scary geese, searched for morel mushrooms, had lunch on the dock. It was a wonderful day.




Even though we spend every waking moment together. I have this eager feeling to make these last weeks count before the new baby arrives. So we take extra special trips, Wilderness walks, Petting farm animals, going to the park and then getting ice cream.
 I know he probably  wont remember any of this,   but i will......





  A part of me feels like once the baby comes, i'll be losing something. Something only he and I have shared for 3 years.  
I know this baby will be wonderful, I know that after awhile i wont remember what it was like to have just one, and after awhile i'll love the 4 of us...  
I think it is hard to let go of any phase of his life, no matter how good the next one will be, we're still letting something go, and that's never easy...



If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we aren't really living.





They outgrow us so much faster than we outgrow them.  




 

No comments:

Post a Comment