Thursday, March 1, 2012

My little boy..


 It's not only children who grow.  Parents do too.  As much as we watch to see what our children do with their lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours.  I can't tell my children to reach for the sun.  All I can do is reach for it, myself.  ~Joyce Maynard









He's getting bigger and wiser by the day. I'm enjoying him communicating with me better, but hating how fast it is going.  



 When Owen was born i started him a keepsake box. It has things like the outfit he wore coming home from the hospital, cards, pictures, ect. Basically things i want to remember, and then someday give to him.  Well when i started this box i also started writing him letters. It began as a Christmas Letter every year i would write him a 3 (or more) page letter, which i still do, but now i also add little notes that i might think of randomly, and throw it in the box. Sometimes i'll be cleaning the house going about my day, and then all of a sudden i think of something i want to tell him. Almost as if i dont stop everything i am doing and grab the first scrap piece of paper i see, jot down my thought and throw it in the box.....it is only then do I feel complete.    The other day my note said " I love how every time you see a pine tree, you point it out and call it a  Christmas Tree".  Thats something i never want to forget.....



 You have a lifetime to work, but children are only young once.  ~Polish Proverb





 It is one thing to show your child the way, and a harder thing to then stand out of it.  ~Robert Brault


I know there is nothing more i can do to hold in these moments of him.... I take pictures, and videos, even write little random notes in a keepsake box...  I know one day I wont be the woman he gives a good morning kiss and hug too. All I can do is enjoy the days i have him, and secretly hope that i will be the woman he compares all the rest too.






1 comment:

  1. OK now I'm crying!! Its beautiful Briana. I love the mom that you are.I'm so proud of you and the way you keep your lil family together.traditions are so important sick beds included :) you are my third blessing from God I couldn't of made it thru my journey without you. Thanks for Owen he is truly a loved child from so many a very lucky boy with a great start in life. I love you all so much!

    ReplyDelete